Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas!

Sunday, December 21

The Sunday before Christmas, Santa drives thru every street in our town on the firetruck throwing candy to all the kids.  You can always hear the sirens and the kids always look forward to them driving down the street!

After that, Aba and I went shopping.  There are a number of things he wanted to buy but couldn't seem to find exactly what he wanted.  I am going to set him up on Amazon and he can buy online! I'm not sure he believes me that the snow is coming and it will get very cold for a very long time,  and won't warm up until June!


We host Christmas Eve dinner at our house.  This year, my sister, Alicia and husband, Larry, came along with my cousin Paula.  They all had gifts for Aba, which I think surprised him :) We had a nice beef tenderloin dinner with all the trimmings.  Aba had been out shopping with a friend of his earlier in the day and she ended up joining us for dinner too.  When I was taking a couple of photos, they were in the basement watching tv...I was busy cooking and watching Sunnie get to know my sisters 2 dogs so I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked.





On Christmas morning the boys were up at around 6:30am and opened their stockings.  My parents were coming over to see the boys open up their gifts so we let Aba sleep in until they arrived.  Aba got the boys their first snowboards which they thought was pretty cool.  All we need now is snow!







We like to stay home on Christmas Day and relax.  Of course, Sunnie gets a nice walk in the woods and then we watched "Marley & Me" and played with the new games, ate then watched "Titanic" since Jack is learning about that in school.  For dinner, we thought we would try something new and ordered take out Chinese food....ohhh was that good!





The Day After

Well, it looked like a bomb went off here.  We got cleaned up and Aba is now off to Boston for the night with his friend Laszlo.

I'm not sure what we will do all week, the kids do not have school.  I'm sure I will figure something out!

~Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment